rates & insurance
I charge the following fees for my clinical services:
- $250 for the 60 to 90-minute intake session (first visit)
- $180 per hour for individual or family therapy
I am an in-network provider with all Blue Cross Blue Shield plans (including BCBS Premera and BCBS Federal Employee Program) and Aetna.
I can bill other insurance carriers as an out-of-network provider.
I work with April and Brooke Schmitt, the mother-daughter team that makes up Advanced Billing Services, LLC. They are able to verify your insurance coverage and benefits for psychotherapy services and the information needed to bill. They also submit all insurance claims on my behalf. They can be reached at 877-685-9810.
Depending on your current health insurance carrier or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. If you choose to confirm your insurance benefits independently, it may be helpful to ask these questions:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do my benefits change for in-network vs. out-of-network providers?
- Which specific psychotherapy services are covered (e.g., intake, individual psychotherapy, family psychotherapy with and without the client)?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Does my plan require sessions to be a certain length (e.g., 30, 45, 60, or 90 minutes)?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
I accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment at the start of our session.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you will be charged for the full rate of the session. Please note that this charge is not covered by insurance.
any other questions?
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!